Press play and I’ll read this juicy article to you!
You slowly wake up in the morning, savor a hot cup of coffee while flipping through Cosmo, and do some gentle stretching to get your body moving for the day.
After having a few coaching sessions with dream clients, you’re bursting with joy and purpose because you’re seeing these clients get massive results.
After a luxurious lunch, you have a couple more client sessions, which feel more like a guilty pleasure than actual work, followed by a walk in the park with your favorite furry friend.
The work day wraps up with some emails, jotting down some ideas for your next newsletter, and a short money date to check on your bank account.
You feel a deep sense of satisfaction as you see all the money that’s flowing into your business, without feeling stressed out or like you have to work ALL THE TIME to get that kind of cash.
Your business is thriving, you love the work you’re doing, your clients are raving fans who recommend you to everyone they know, and you have the financial security you’ve always wanted.
Did you read this description and think to yourself, “Yes! That describes my business perfectly! Growing, thriving, and an absolute joy!”
Or does it feel like a far off dream that might never become a reality?
OFFER A FREE CONSULTATION.
Wait, what? Why would you offer a free consult when the goal is to make more money in your biz?
Because it’s easy for potential clients to say “yes!” to free… and a free consultation is like the free sample of cake you get at the bakery or the sample of wine you get at a fancy dinner.
Free samples tend to make you want the whole cake, the entire bottle of wine (even if it is $50), and the experience of working with a professional who knows how to help you.
Simply put, free consultations lead to paying clients.
Here’s why offering a free consultation to prospective clients is the best thing you can do to grow your business:
- The consult “sets the stage” for what clients will experience when working with you and shows clients just how awesome you are.
- It establishes Like, Know, Trust factor and builds relationships with potential clients. Even if a client doesn’t hire you now, they’re more likely to hire you later because of the relationship you’ve built.
- It helps you separate nightmare clients from dream clients. By only taking on clients you want to work with, you’re setting yourself up to love your work and have good work/life balance.
- It gives you the opportunity to WOW potential clients, making them eager to work with you and pay for your services.
- It addresses client questions and concerns so they feel confident saying “YES!” to working with you and investing in the relationship.
- It provides an opportunity to INVITE clients to work with you. No sleazy sales tactics or manipulation required!
When you take the time to get to know a potential client, make them feel heard and valued, and share your ideas for how you can help them achieve their goals, you’ve created a memorable experience that the client won’t soon forget.
Not only does that generate more paying clients for you, but it also creates raving fans who refer new clients to you.
Before you know it, you’re schedule is full, money is flowing into your business, and you’re having to turn clients away so you can still have time for the occasional midday mani/pedi.
I built a six-figure mental health practice by offering free consultations, and have mastered the art of closing the consultation with Beyonce-level confidence.
Gone are the days of taking EVERY client that comes my way or lowering my rates just to secure a new client.
Would you be interested in learning how to guide consultations and use them to gain more clients and grow your business?
If so, comment below with a “YES!”